The Department of Global Health at University of Washington (DGH) - the home of the DCP3 Secretariat - celebrated its 10th anniversary on February 8, 2017. The Global Health: Next Generation symposium featured world-renowned experts who discussed the pressing issues and challenges in the global health field. The department joined together with eight other Washington State-based health organizations to celebrate this significant occasion.
The event program featured a diverse group of global health experts, including several DCP3 editors, authors, and Advisory Committee members. Speakers included:
- The World Health Organization Director-General Dr. Margaret Chan,
- DCP3 Advisory Committee member and author Dr. Ala Alwan,
- DCP3 Advisory Committee member and author Honorable Minister Patricia Garcia of Peru,
- Honorable Minister Bernice Dahn of Liberia,
- DCP3 Series Editor Dr. Rachel Nugent,
- DCP3 Volume 6 foreword author Dr. Peter Piot,
- Department of Global Health Chair and Professor Dr. Judy Wasserheit, and more.